Phase In Timeline
The following chart explains the phase-in timeline for the VCAS modules
- Core: This module is the backbone for the system. It allows Academy staff to handles users, their avatars and achievements. It also allows Academy guests to create user acounts, add avatars and review achievements. It also allows to add friends, and review/compare achievements.
- Academy On-Site V.C.: This module deals with how a VC is managed on-site, at the Academy. This allow Academy guests a window into the system, in which they can begin exploring the VCAS universe. For achievers and further customization, the experience will continue at home, via the Core module.
- Access Technologies: In order for any interactions to occur within the academy, an access technology is needed. Whether it's paper & pencil or wireless enabled RFID, this module deals with the hardware, software, logistics and interactions associated with mobilizing the VCAS.
- Exhibit Interactions: This module defines a standard method in which exhibits and stations can have an VC or Achievement Interaction. By having a standard input/output defined it will make the system expandable from just one exhibit to the entire academy with minimal effort involved.
- Ticket Management: Tickets play a large role within the Academy. They are used for gaining entrance, seeing the planetarium shows, visiting the Forum and potential interacting with the VC. The module addresses any issues involved with any tickets and how they interface with the rest of the VCAS. Communications between this module and the Access Technology module is critical.
- Analytics: This module allows Academy staff to review and gather data on the VCAS system. This data can be used to plan and develop future exhibits or enhance/modify current exhibits.
- Initial Prototyping stage: In this stage several prototypes will be developed iterative that will allow the team to deliver a VCAS implemented in a very polished format, by the end of the semester.
- Second Prototyping stage: This prototyping stage will feature an iterative build that will add Analytics and ticket management to the existing prototype.