Cardinal Woodshop Rules
- Use the buddy system.
- Don’t hesitate to ask for help - even if you’ve already asked for help before.
- Do not take tools from the shop without express permission from the Shop TA.
- Do not bring food or drink into the shop, paint room, or fab lab. Ever.
- Do not wear sandals, slippers, or other open-toe shoes in the woodshop.
- Make sure to tie long hair back and take off hats.
- Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry in the woodshop.
- Always use proper safety equipment; goggles, hearing protection, masks, etc.
- Always put tools and materials back where you found them.
- Always unplug tools after you’re done using them - especially if you’re going to change the bit or blade.
- Always clean up messes upon leaving the shop.
- Do not do any sort of painting, staining, etc. in the woodshop or in the turnaround.
- Ask for approval prior to purchasing new materials/tools (unless you’re paying for it yourself).
- Notify the Shop TA when you will be using the woodshop so someone can supervise you.