There are several possible reasons causing wireless Oculus not working, and they are listed from high to low possibility below:
- Oculus display setting.
- Set Oculus display mode in Oculus configuration utility to Extend mode and set screen display mode in right click on desktop -> screen resolution to Duplicate mode. This a safe way that guarantee wireless Oculus works. Other setting may also works with no guarantee.
- Wireless USB is broken. Follow steps below. Sign of wireless USB working correctly is the flashing light of both transmitter and receiver.
- Unplug both transmitter and receiver and plug both of them in PC. In external drive icon on right bottom of the screen, two wireless USB should be recognized.
- Unplug the receiver and plug it back to receiver base.
- Unplug the USB data wire on receiver base and plug back.
- If the above steps do not work, restart the computer and try them again.
- If restarting computer do not work, re-install wireless USB driver and try the above steps again.
- If wireless USB still do not work, contact ETC Support at email@example.com
- Wireless HDMI is broken. Sign of wireless HDMI working is that blue lights of video and network are both on on transmitter and receiver.
- This is rare and happened only once during 2015 spring semester. It may caused by other reason instead of wireless HDMI itself.
- Check all the wire connection, make them tight. Unplug, re plug all the port.
- If wireless HDMI still do not work, contact ETC Support at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other reasons.
- The power port on wireless USB receiver base is very loose and wire can easily fall off.
- Other wire connections fall off.
- At least one Oculus in ETC is broken and has a problem seem to be caused by broken wireless HDMI connection. Please note that and it's not caused by wireless setting.