Nintendo Wii Remotes
Note: "Documentation" sections are articles that tell of the problems, solutions, and methods behind implementing a piece of hardware into Unity.
Integration Difficulty: DLL samples were available. Easy importing of DLL info.
Integration Completeness: Has all features one would need. Comes with nice demo to display features.
End-product Ease-of-use: Need a stable concept of coding to handle wiimotes.
- Searched online for Wiimote implementation in Unity
- Found Uni-wii implementation and DLL
- Tested importing of DLL into Unity.
- Handed DLL off for implementation
For more info on implementation, visit http://www.unifycommunity.com/wiki/index.php?title=UniWii#wiimote_start.28.29
- Put the UniWii.dll in your Plugins folder under the Assets folder.
- Put wiiMote.cs in your scripts folder and make a new object in your class when you need to reference all the wiimote functions.
- Start a new Blue tooth connection
- Hold down button 1 & 2 on the wiimote before hitting next
- Wait for it to register while still holding both buttons.
- Release when you have connected.
Building Your Project
- Click on Add Current, and your current scene will be added on top in Scene’s In Build
- Under Build Settings, Click on Player Settings, and it will open in the Inspector
- Under Optimization – Api Compatibility Level
- Change to .Net 2.0.
Below are two demos for using Wiimotes. The Tutorial Demo shows all the inputs of the Wiimote, whereas the Showcase Demo shows an example of how to use it.