iOS project setup
For using Unity with iOS, you need some extra work to setup the project and building environment. Some of the descriptions come from Unity Documentation and Unity Answer.
- First you need a Mac.
- Upgrade to the latest version of Mac OS and iTunes.
- Download latest iPhone SDK from iOS Dev Center, and install it.
- Install Unity, and activate it with an iOS license.
- Get Apple Developer ID. (For ETC student, email ETC support to get invitation)
- Go to iOS Dev Center -> Provisioning Portal -> Certificates to get certificate, click on "HowTo" tab for instructions.
- Create your app ID. (For ETC student, email ETC support to get it created)
- Add your devices' UDID. (For ETC student, email ETC support to get them added)
- Create a provisioning profile using your certificate key and App ID and all the devices. (For ETC student, email ETC support)
- Go to iOS Dev Center -> Provisioning Portal -> Provisioning, download your profile.
- Connect you device to Mac, open XCode -> Organizer, find your device and add the profile you downloaded from last step to device's provisioning profile.
- In Unity, go to Edit -> Player Settings, input your app ID (step 7) without the unique string of letters and numbers Apple generates.
- Click Build and Run, Unity will build a XCode project, and it will launch automatically to compile and run your game on iOS device.