Honus on Windows 8
1) Right click the start button and click on the Control Panel.
2) Click on “View devices and printers” under Hardware and Sound
3) Click “Add a printer” button near the top-left.
4) Choose "The printer that I want isn’t listed".
5) Choose “Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings.”
6) Choose the "Create a new port" radio button, then select "Standard TCP/IP Port" from the adjacent pull-down menu. Click Next.
7) In the "Hostname or IP address" text field, enter...
...and click Next. Windows will attempt to detect the printer type.
8) If a window with "Additional port information required" appears, choose "Hewlett Packard JetDirect" from the pull-down menu adjacent to the Network radio button. Click Next.
9) Windows will again communicate with the printer. When it asks you for the driver, click "Have Disk".
10) Enter this as the folder inside of which to look for drivers...
\\randon.andrew.ad.cmu.edu\dfs\software\drivers\HP\LaserJet 600 m601n\Windows\64-bit\
...and Click Ok. If you get an error saying it can’t find any drivers, you may have to first connect to the cisco anyconnect VPN client and then try again.
11) In the resulting drive list, choose "HP LaserJet 600 M601 M602 M603 PCL6". Click Next.
12) For the printer name, you can type anything, but we recommend...
Honus (PTC 2nd Floor Kitchen)
...and click Next.
13) On the page about Printer Sharing, be sure the radio button "Do not share this printer" is chosen. Click Next.
14) On the last page, you can choose to make this the default printer (and if so, tick the checkbox) and also choose to print a test page (recommended). Click Finish.